DELUXE TOUR OF EGYPT
Experience Egypt in style and luxury; tour the Great Pyramids in Cairo, explore the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities in Luxor and top it off with a cruise on the mighty Nile.
- Private Egyptologist tour guide
- Visit the Red Pyramid of Dahshour
- Visit the Great Pyramids.
- See a royal burial chamber, the Valley Temple, and the Sphinx
- Visit the Solar Boat, one of the most amazing Pharaonic discoveries
- Egyptian Museum of Antiquities for a detailed, guided tour.
- The treasures of the Tomb of Tutankhamen and the extraordinary Mummies Room.
- Experience Old Cairo and walk back in time.
- Visit the Old Coptic Church and the Ben Ezra Synagogue.
- Continue to the Mohammad Ali Mosque and the streets of Khan el Khalili Bazaar.
- Nile Cruise
DAY 1 - CAIRO Upon arrival in Cairo, you will be met by Ya'lla Tours USA Egypt representative near the immigration counter area, he will have a blue sign with your name, give him a wave and he will meet you and give you the visas and then you will be transferred to your hotel for overnight.
DAY 2 - CAIRO Your private Egyptologist tour guide and driver will pick you up at 8:30AM to start your tour. Visit the Red Pyramid of Dahshour. Senefru, the father of Cheops, built this pyramid approximately 4,600 years ago. Many scholars consider it to be more glorious than the Great Pyramid of Cheops. Continue to Sakkara to see the prototype of the pyramids, the Step Pyramid, built for the 3rd Dynasty Pharaoh Djoser by the exalted architect Imhotep. Lunch en route. Drive to Giza and visit the Great Pyramids. See a royal burial chamber, the Valley Temple, and the Sphinx. Then visit the Solar Boat, one of the most amazing Pharaonic discoveries. Return to Cairo for overnight.
DAY 3 - LUXOR Drive to the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities for a detailed, guided tour. Among other fascinating exhibits, see the treasures of the Tomb of Tutankhamen and the extraordinary Mummies Room. Over ten mummies, including that of Ramses II, are displayed in freestanding glass cases in this climate-controlled room. Walk around the mummies and examine them from all angles, gaze into their incredibly well preserved 3000-year-old faces. Leave the museum and enter Old Cairo and walk back in time. Visit the Old Coptic Church and the Ben Ezra Synagogue. Lunch en route. Continue to the Mohammad Ali Mosque and the streets of Khan el Khalili Bazaar. After a day of touring, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight from Cairo to Luxor. Upon arrival, you will be met by a Ya’lla Tours USA representative and transferred to your hotel for overnight.
DAY 4 - NILE CRUISE (Luxor) A Ya’lla Tours USA representative will meet you at your hotel and transfer you to your Nile cruise vessel, for lunch. After lunch, begin touring with a visit to Karnak Temple, called by some “the Temple of Temples.” It is the largest place of worship ever built. Its ancient name Ipet-isut means “the most sacred of places.” The temple, or, more correctly, the complex of temples, was built over more than two thousand years by generation after generation of pharaohs. Within the complex, the great “Hypostyle Hall” is an incredible forest of giant pillars covering an area larger than the whole of Notre Dame Cathedral. Then visit the graceful Temple of Luxor built by Amenhotep III and Ramses II for ritual and festivals and dedicated to the god Amun. Return to your cruise for dinner and overnight on board.
DAY 5 - NILE CRUISE (Edfu) After breakfast onboard, cross to the West Bank of the Nile and visit the wondrous Valley of the Kings, a vast city of the dead where the magnificent tombs of 62 pharaohs have been discovered. The tombs were carved deep into the desert rock, richly decorated and filled with treasures for the afterlife of the pharaohs. Visit several of the tombs. Next, visit the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut. This beautiful monument to the reign of one of the very few female pharaohs rises out of the desert plain in a series of terraces and merges with the sheer limestone cliffs that surround it. On the way back to your Nile cruise, stop at the famed Colossi of Memnon, two 66ft, 1 thousand ton statues of Amenhotep III. These colossal statues were known by the ancient Greeks to emit haunting voices at dawn. Though damaged by nature and ancient tourists, the statues are still impressive. Return to your cruise and set sail for Edfu. The afternoon is at leisure. Lunch and dinner on board. Overnight at Edfu.
DAY 6 - NILE CRUISE (Aswan) After breakfast on board, set out by horse-drawn carriage to visit the Temple of Horus, the most perfectly preserved of all the Nile Temples. Horus, also known as Haroeris, was the falcon-headed solar war god. Return to your cruise vessel by carriage and sail to Kom Ombo. Visit the Temple of Sobek, the crocodile-headed god of fertility and creator of the world. The temple stands at a bend in the Nile where, in ancient times, sacred crocodiles basked in the sun on the riverbank. Lunch, dinner and overnight on board. Sail to Aswan for overnight.
DAY 7 - NILE CRUISE (Aswan) After breakfast on board, take a tour of Aswan High Dam, Egypt’s contemporary example of building on a monumental scale. Continue by a short motor-boat ride to the Temple of Philae on the island of Agilka. The temple was dedicated to Isis, sister/wife of Osiris and patroness of the Ptolemaic rule. After lunch on your cruise, sail around Elephantine Island on a felucca, the traditional Egyptian sailboat. Elephantine Island is the largest of the Aswan area islands and is the site of some of the most ancient remains in Egypt, with artifacts dating to pre-dynastic periods. Elephantine is Greek for elephants. In ancient times, the island was called Abu or Yabu, which also means elephant. The name may indicate that the island was once a center for the trade of ivory. Continue sailing around Kitchner Island (also known as Lord Kitchner’s Botanical Garden, Plant Island, Gizirat al-Nabatat, Plantation Island, or Gizirat al-Bustan). Lord Kitchner moved there after being given the island for his campaigns in the Sudan. He imported plants from around the world to create his famous garden. From the river you have a nice view of the Aga Khan Mausoleum, an elegant pink granite structure built in the late 1950’s. Return to your cruise for dinner and overnight in Aswan.
DAY 8 - CAIRO After breakfast you will be transferred to Aswan airport for your flight to Abu Simbel. (Flight times and tickets will be given to you by our office in Cairo). Visit the temples that were built over a 25-year span and are one of the most prodigious feats of engineering in Egypt. The entire complex of temples was moved to its present location 90 feet above its old site to protect it from the rising water of the Nile when the Aswan Dam was built in the early sixties. Fly back to Aswan and connect on to Cairo. You will be met by a Ya'lla Tours USA representative and transferred to your hotel for overnight. In the evening, enjoy a special farewell dinner.
DAY 9 - You will be transferred to the airport for your departure flight back to the United States.
Price per person in a double room: $3,315
Price per person in a single room: $4,287
Price per person in a triple room: $3,175
Price per person in a double room: $3,820
Price per person in a single room: $4,815
Price per person in a triple room: $3,693
Compulsory gala, holiday dinner(s) supplement may apply on Christmas and New Year’s, rates on request.
Price per person in a double room: $2,995
Price per person in a single room: $3,995
Price per person in a triple room: $2,860
Price to be accompanied by your private guide on the Nile cruise: $1,190 per travel party
* Domestic flights in Egypt: Cairo – Luxor / Aswan – Cairo.
* Flight and tour to Abu Simbel. (Tickets received in Egypt).
* 4-night accommodations with daily breakfast.
* 4-night Nile cruise with all meals onboard ship and tours included.
* All transfers to/from airports and ports.
* 2 days of touring in a private air-conditioned van with a licensed, English-speaking guide, with lunch.
* Farewell dinner.
* All entrance fees as per itinerary.
* Service fees and local taxes.
* Ya’lla Tours USA exclusive information kit and travel bag.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
* Visa to Egypt $50 per person.
* Travel Insurance, highly recommended.
* Airfare except as specified.
* Departure taxes.
* Meals except where indicated.
* Drinks of any kind.
* Personal expenses.
* Tips to guides, drivers, hotels, Nile Cruise and Restaurants.
* Tip to bellman ($1 per piece of luggage handled in every hotel).
* Most airlines allow 1 checked bag, maximum of 50 lbs. However, the rule can vary from carrier to carrier. Please check with each airline in your itinerary for their policy.
* Air and cruise schedules are subject to change at any time.
* Egypt Air allows 20 kilos of luggage at no charge on the domestic flights.
* Luggage allowance, one 25 inches (total 62 linear inches) checked bag and one small carryon per person for transfers and tours.
* You must have a valid U.S. passport to enter Egypt. (Must have at least 6 months of validity past your scheduled return date).
* Ya’lla Tours USA Inc. reserves the right to change the hotels to others of similar quality.
* Due to unforeseen circumstances the sequence of the sightseeing may vary.