Imperial Cities Tour of Morocco
Journey through the centuries with this tour of Morocco… From medieval Medersas, the Roman town of Volubilis, 8th Century Medina (Old City), 16th Century Saadian Tombs and so much more.
- Panoramic tour of Casablanca
- Shop at the famous Hassan II Mosque
- Spend time in the spice market in Marrakech
- Tour of Rabat with a visit to the Kasbah of the Oudayas, Hassan’s Tower, Mohammad V Mausoleum, the Mechouar Palace and the Medina
- Walking tour of the 8th Century Medina (Old City)
- Day 1:
Arrival at the Mohammad V International Airport in Casablanca for meeting, assistance, and transfer to Casablanca for an orientation tour of the city. View the Royal Palace then on to the Mohammad V Place to enjoy its architecture. Drive through the Anfa residential area then on to the Corniche, which runs along the beachfront, and see its outdoor restaurants, boutiques, and cafes. End the tour at the famous Hassan II Mosque, the second largest in the world (after the Mosque in Mecca). Drive along the seafront highway arriving at the Imperial City of Rabat, the present capital of Morocco. Proceed to the hotel for check-in and overnight.
- Day 2:
Start the tour of Rabat at the Mohammad V Mausoleum and the Hassan Tower. Continue through the Kasbah of the Oudayas and the Medina (old city) with its narrow streets. View the Royal Palace within the walls of the Mechouar, the city gates, and the Chellah necropolis. Depart for the Imperial City of Meknes and see the monumental gate of Bab Mansour. Drive through the city including the area of the Mellah (the old Jewish Quarter). Depart Rabat for the ancient Roman city of Volubilis. Explore the town with its famous Forum, the Triumphal Arch, the oil presses, and spas. Continue to Fes for overnight
- Day 3:
Drive to the medieval Medina (Old City) of Imperial Fez and walk through the narrow streets. Explore the Medersas (religious schools), the Nejjarin Fountain and the Karaouine Mosque. Continue to the famous souks (markets) of the city and see the many arts and crafts shops dotting the area. Fez is the intellectual, the craftwork capital of the country as well as being the most Imperial of all the cities of Morocco. Drive back to the hotel. In the evening depart for the Old City for dinner and a show at one of the local restaurants
- Day 4:
Depart Fez and drive via the Middle Atlas region. Stop at Ifrane, a delightful ski resort for a short tour, then on to the Berber town of Immouzer. Travel through the mountains to the Bedouin town of Beni Mellal for an optional lunch. In the afternoon continue the journey to the Imperial city of Marrakesh and check into the hotel for overnight.
- Day 5:
Start the day with a visit to the Menara Gardens. Continue to the Old City to visit the 16th Century Saadian Tombs dating back to when the Saadi Dynasty ruled the country. Proceed to the Bahia Palace, which was built in the 19th Century, for a tour of the structure. Continue to the Majorelle Gardens designed by the French artist Jacques Majorelle in 1924 and was purchased by Yves St. Laurent in 1980. The garden is home to some 3000 species of flora from the 5 continents. In the afternoon proceed to the Koutoubia Tower, a former repository of religious books, and the famous Djema El Fna Square with its jugglers, snake charmers, and storytellers. Adjacent to the square is the city's famous souks including the aromatic spice market. Return to the hotel. In the evening proceed to Chez Ali for a typical Moroccan dinner followed by the Fantasia Show.
- Day 6:
Morning at leisure in Marrakesh for last minute shopping or simply to revisit some of the impressive sites the city has to offer. In the afternoon depart for Casablanca and check in to your hotel. Evening transfer to a local restaurant for the Farewell Dinner then return to the hotel for overnight.
- Day 7:
Transfer to Mohammad V International Airport for the flight back to the US
- The above-mentioned prices for the Superior Deluxe Hotels and the Moderate Deluxe Hotels include the following features:
- 6 nights hotel accommodation including buffet breakfast daily
- All tours are via luxury air-conditioned vehicle; 10 – 14 participants use a 17-seater minibus; For more than 14 participants the vehicle will be a 48-seater bus.
- An English speaking government licensed guide will be with the group throughout the tour
- Local government licensed English speaking guides will guide the group in Rabat, Meknes, Fez, and Volubilis.
- All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary are included in the prices listed above.
- 3 Dinners are included – 1 at a restaurant in Casablanca, 1 at a restaurant in the Medina (Old City) of Fez, 1 at Chez Ali in Marrakesh including a Fantasia Show.
- The luxury tour bus will carry 2 half-liter bottles of spring water per person during all tours.
- Hotel service charge and taxes
- Beverages at the restaurants mentioned above.
- Tips for the driver, the main guide, the local guides and the person looking after the luggage
- Tips to airport and hotel porters (porterage is included in the prices)
- Personal expenses such as telephone charges, laundry, and any other personal expense.