- Explore Bogyoke Aung San Market
- Visit Shwedagon Pagoda
- Tour Shwe Yaunghwe Kyaung Monastery
- View five ancient gold-covered Buddha images at Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda
- Visit to the temple at Nga Hpe Kyaung
- Tour a Nampan village
- Explore Bagan with over 2,000 pagodas, temples and monasteries
- Visit Phwar Saw Village
- Day 1:
On arrival at Yangon Airport, you will be met by your local Destination Asia tour guide and transferred to downtown for sightseeing. Today explore Bogyoke Aung San Market, still commonly known by its old British name of Scott Market. Transfer to your hotel for check-in and time to rest. Late afternoon (4:30 PM), transfer to Shwedagon Pagoda.
- Day 2:
This morning you will be transferred to the airport in order to connect with your flight to Heho. Nyaung Shwe is the gateway to the lake and upon arrival at Heho airport you will be met and transferred to this small, but attractive town. After a brief visit to Shwe Yaunghwe Kyaung Monastery, which is famed for its unique oval windows, transfer to your private boat and venture onto the lake. Firstly visit the five ancient gold-covered Buddha images at Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda, the holiest monastery on the lake. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. Continue sightseeing with a visit to the temple at Nga Hpe Kyaung on the eastern side of the lake, which houses an impressive collection of ancient Buddha images.
- Day 3:
The local 5-Day Market rotates between towns in the Inle Lake region. The market is a great place to observe local life with many of the ethnic minorities attending to buy and sell their goods. After exploring the market and perhaps buying the odd local handicraft or two, it is time to continue to the ruined stupas and temples at the lake-side village of Inndein. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch, there will be the opportunity to visit Nampan village to see local cigar (cheroot) making and then continue to Inn Paw Khone, a small village that specializes in silk weaving.
- Day 4:
Early morning transfer to the airport for your flight to Bagan. The day will be dedicated to exploring the temples. Sightseeing will include Gubyaukgyi with its excellent stucco carvings, the impressive Htilominlo Pahto and Ananda Pahto which is one the best preserved temples in the archeological zone.
- Day 5:
Begin the morning with a visit to nearby Phwar Saw Village, which afford the opportunity to witness rural Burmese life. Enroute you will be able to stop at the interesting market at Nyaung Oo to see the variety of fresh produce for sale and gain an insight into the bustling market atmosphere in Bagan. After lunch, the afternoon is free to enjoy the hotel facilities or to explore lesser known temples and pagodas with the guide.
- Day 6:
This morning you will be transferred back to Bagan airport in order to connect with your return flight to Yangon. Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to Yangon Heritage Trust (YHT) office for a private tour. YHT’s trained tour guides will lead you into the heart of old Yangon with stories and anecdotes from its colorful and layered history from its earliest beginnings to the modern day. Find out what makes the city unique. With the tour starting at YHT’s office on lower Pansodan Road, this route ends at bustling night market in Chinatown. Lunch today will be at Rangoon Tea House. In the late afternoon, transfer to the airport to connect to your onward flight.
April 01 – September 30, 2019
$1,899 per person
Oct 01 2019- March 31,2020
$2,099 per person
- Accommodation as per above itinerary in twin share/double rooms with daily breakfast included
- Domestic flights in economy class
- Tours and transfers as specified including entry fees, on a private basis in an air-conditioned vehicle
- The service of English Speaking station guides in each destination for the duration of their tour depending on requirement (Guide services are not included on multi-day cruises where on-board guides are provided and beach stays)
- Meals as specified in the above itinerary (drinks are not included)
- Bottle water and cool towel provided on transfers and sightseeing
- Private boats and canoes (if applicable) for included excursion on Inle Lake
- Private Horse Cart for Bagan sightseeing (if applicable)
- Candle Lighting at Shwedagon Pagoda
- Local home lunch in Bagan
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
- International airfares
- (Seat in Coach basis on multi-day cruises and beach stays)
- Hotel early check- in and late check-out
- Myanmar Visa fee (see below)
- Meals other than specified as included
- Travel Insurance or expenses of a personal nature (minibar, phone call, laundry, etc.)
- Tips or gratuities to guides/drivers/porters/hotel, restaurant or boat staff etc
- Drinks or personal expenses or entrance fees for any extra sightseeing or optional activities